NACEP is pleased to offer a unique professional development opportunity through our Network Engagement Series. This series of three webinars is designed to help you grow, strengthen, and empower the networks and partnerships vital to your work. The University of Kansas’ Christina Holt will lead three topical sessions focused on different aspects of network engagement critical to your work. Each session will highlight resources from the Community Toolbox an extensive library of community-building resources focused on growing sustainability and impact through partnership.
Each webinar will cover a topic related to network engagement.
Increasing Participation and Membership
Increasing participation and membership across sectors and constituent groups is one of the fundamental abilities that help to build community context and collaborative planning. Continuously working to expand membership to ensure a diverse and engaged group of participants grounds the work in what is locally important and feasible.
In this module, we will address four primary issues in increasing membership and participation: outreach, recruitment, engagement in the effort, and maintaining involvement and sustaining commitment over time.
- Learn how to intentionally involve others in the work, and engage them in ways that keep them involved over time
- Identify key principles in outreach and recruitment that can contribute to the group’s effort
- Learn how to build relationships and motivate participants to engage in the work
- Understand how to create an atmosphere and conditions that promote diversity, participation and success
- Learn steps in assessing whether current involvement is sufficient and/or how to make changes in the participation plan