NACEP Announces Leadership Academy, Class of 2022
The NACEP Leadership Academy welcomes professionals from state agencies, administrators and educators from four-year colleges, community, and technical colleges, and K-12 professionals. This experience will help catalyze natural leadership, communication, and collaboration skills while integrating as a professional into NACEP's work through volunteerism and a planned and executed real-world, rigorous capstone project. NACEP Board President Kayla Westra stated, “This is a unique program designed to educate emerging leaders in the dual and concurrent enrollment field. The Academy will help participants grow as a professional and expand their knowledge in the operations of the organization, the services we offer, and the opportunities we provide our membership.”
This year-long experience, anchored in strategic leadership curriculum, will combine virtual meetings and in-person retreats. Academy participants will virtually meet monthly for activities, topical seminars, and peer-to-peer discussions. Participants will meet in person for a leadership retreat in the Spring, 2022. The Academy will culminate at the 2022 NACEP National Conferences, Minneapolis, Minnesota, November 6-8, 2022.
Leadership Academy participants are partnered with an expert mentor to assist in developing and executing a NACEP-supported capstone project. Capstone projects may include the production of a NACEP issue brief, webinar series, focus group development/analysis, or a NACEP Commission-focused project. Participants have the opportunity to gain national visibility for their project through NACEP and our events, publications, and member outreach.
Leadership Academy will kick off on November 15, 2021. Dianne Barker, Director of State Engagement at NACEP stated, “this unique program is designed to educate emerging leaders and help maximize their full potential in this truly unique field of education. NACEP Leadership Academy graduates join a network of leaders who are at the forefront of advancing dual and concurrent enrollment.
Say hello to our Class of 2022:
- Aimee Arreygue, Associate Director, Educational Partnerships- California State University
- Megan Barbano Maxwell, Director, K-16 Partnerships- Community College of Philadelphia
- Rachel Bates, Associate Vice Chancellor for Educational Partnerships- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Caronda Bean, Director of Dual Enrollment- South Louisiana Community College
- Heidi Currutt, Evanston Outreach Coordinator- Western Wyoming Community College
- Lauren Edgar, Executive Director, Dual Enrollment- West Georgia Technical College
- Emily Hanson, Director College in the Schools- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- Tanisha Hook Seraphin, Dean, School and Community Initiatives Division- Trident Technical College
- Lisa Lucas Hurst, Assistant Professor of English- Southwest Minnesota State University
- Pamela Kelley, Dual Enrollment Coordinator- Jefferson State Community College
- Amanda Sleet, Assistant Professor of Psychology- Ivy Tech Community College
- Heidi Lyne, Associate Professor of Mathematics, Assessment Coordinator- Joliet Junior College
- Marissa Moreno, Executive Director, School & College Partnerships- Lee College
- Jason Sanchez, Interim Director, HSP Enrollment & Partnerships- Austin Community College
- Karina Smith, Assistant Director- Boise State University
- Mallory Stevens, Pathways Support Consultant- BACCC
- Reba Vest, Professional Development Coordinator- Utah Valley University
- Samuel West, District P-16 Director- Houston Community College