2023-2024 Research Development Grants
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships
2023-2024 Research Development Grants
Deadline Extended: September 11, 2023
The National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) Research Commission is seeking proposals for research grants focused on research on dual and concurrent enrollment programs. Successful proposals will be funded between $500 - $2,000 in a research grant. Preference will be given to grant proposals that address policies, practices, and topics that are of contemporary relevance and interest to the NACEP Board and NACEP Research Commission, including (listed in alphabetical order):
- Concurrent enrollment accreditation’s impact on quality
- Concurrent enrollment and the transition from high school to college
- Concurrent enrollment credit transfer and credit transfer policies
- Concurrent enrollment’s impact on high school and college outcomes, and factors that moderate this impact
- How concurrent enrollment influences educational equity and justice
- How concurrent enrollment programs engage, support, and develop faculty
- How concurrent enrollment recruitment and selection processes create more equitable access
- How multiple measures are used and impact dual enrollment eligibility
- State concurrent enrollment policies and their impact on high school completion and college access
- Underrepresented students’ voices and perspectives
Concurrent and dual enrollment partnerships provide high school students the opportunity to take college credit-bearing courses. NACEP defines concurrent enrollment as the subset of dual enrollment courses taught by college-approved high school teachers in a secondary environment. NACEP Research Development Grants can focus on research about NACEP-defined concurrent enrollment or other types of programs that allow high school students to earn transcripted college credit.
- $500 - $2,000 one-time monetary award payable to the researcher or their institution
- Podium announcement of the award during the 2023 National Conference
- A designated concurrent session for presentation during the 2024 National Conference
- Completed research referenced on the NACEP website
- The grant award is open to faculty, staff, administrators, or graduate students who are planning to conduct research that can be completed for presentation at the 2024 Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida on October 28 & 29, 2024.
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 pm PST, Monday, September 11, 2023.
Proposals must include the following:
- Title & Abstract (limit 250 words)
- Purpose of the research (limit 250 words)
- Methodology (limit 500 words)
- Summary of how the research will impact concurrent enrollment policy and practice (limit 250 words)
- A timeline indicating completion in time for presentation at the October 2024 conference
- Budget for how the funds will be used to support the research (e.g., participant incentives, travel, transcription costs, technology costs, personnel). The proposal can budget for travel to the 2024 NACEP conference, but the proposed budget should support other research-related expenses beyond the 2024 NACEP conference.
- Name of key personnel with abbreviated vitae or biographical sketches
Deadlines and Application Procedures
- Proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file, using the included coversheet that follows, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early submissions are encouraged.
- Only complete proposal packages will be accepted.
- Question: Send questions to email@example.com.
Research proposals will be reviewed by a NACEP Research Commission committee using the following criteria:
- The extent to which the research addresses the NACEP Board and NACEP Research Commission priorities described above
- Quality of research design
- Originality, creativity, and coherence of the overall proposal
- Significance of the research to the concurrent enrollment leaders and practitioners
- Technical quality of the proposal (e.g., references, writing style)
- Potential impact on and contribution to the field
Applicants will be notified of the award decision by September 22, 2023.