NACEP is excited to announce that we have awarded five scholarships to secondary members to attend the 2019 National Conference in Salt Lake City on October 13-16. The NACEP Secondary School Partners Committee considered several factors when evaluating scholarship applications including: the applicant's role/leadership in concurrent enrollment, postsecondary partnership details, concurrent enrollment program improvements and innovations, financial need, and geographic equity.
The candidate applications were reviewed and award decisions made by NACEP’s Secondary School Partners Committee. Committee Chair, Mary Perez stated, “we are thrilled to be able to support our secondary partners attending NACEP’s national conference through these scholarships. The conference is the ideal opportunity to share innovative ideas, best practices, and develop networks between secondary and postsecondary partners. We hope this recognition will foster more secondary attendance and engagement at the national conference and throughout the year."
Recipients of the secondary scholarship receive complimentary registration for the 2019 National Conference, pre and post conference events, and one night in the conference hotel.
Congratulations to our scholarship recipients!
- Frank Atkinson, Director of Curriculum, Mt. Vernon School District 320 (WA)
- Terry Harris, Counselor, West Yellowstone High School (MT)
- Sarah Huss, Teacher/Economics Professor, Highland Springs High School & Reynolds Community College (VA)
- Jaron Mann, Dual Credit Writing Instructor, North Side High School (IN)
- David Merriweather, Dual Enrollment Coordinator, Haywood High School (TN)