Guide for First Time Attendees
Congratulations on deciding to attend NACEP’s National Conference for the first time! The National Conference is one of the best opportunities for professionals to learn the latest trends and meet many different colleagues in dual enrollment. Here are a few things you may want to think about when attending for the first time.
- Business casual is the best way to go during the conference. Remember some rooms may be over-air-conditioned, so you may want to bring a sweater.
- Comfortable shoes. Now is not a good time to break in new shoes!
- NACEP staff, Board of Directors or NACEP Accreditation Commissioners at the registration desk, at the NACEP Business meeting or at the reception Sunday evening.
- Other professionals in your state by attending the State/Regional Luncheon
- Have dinner with other new members
- Go to the NACEP reception and bring lots of business cards (or your mobile phone) with you!
- Volunteer, either at the conference, or at a later date. It’s a great way to meet people and learn more about NACEP
- Sign up for a group dinner Sunday night and meet other people who are attending for the first time
- Take a selfie and post it on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #nacepSLC
- Download the conference app
- Rate a session through the conference app
- Vote on your favorite dual enrollment marketing video using the EventMobi app
- Attend the reception Sunday night
- Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter (@NACEP_tweets) or Instagram (@naceppics)
- Use the hashtag #nacepSLC and share what you learned in a session
- Attend the plenary sessions where you will hear great speakers
- Dive deep into a theme by following a track of breakout sessions
- Get in-depth instruction at one of the many pre-conference events.
- Share with colleagues what you have learned in one of the discussion zones