Have you wanted to hone your leadership skills and be recognized as an emerging leader? Are you an early-to-mid career level professional working in the concurrent or dual enrollment field? NACEP's new Leadership Academy is a great opportunity for you to advance your career to the next level.
The NACEP Leadership Academy will convene an exclusive small group for intensive leadership training. Students will explore policy and education trends. They will hone leadership and strategic planning skills. Each participant will be paired with a mentor for one-on-one coaching to complete a project related to her or his professional goals. Graduates will be recognized through NACEP and other national and regional channels.
What Should Participants Expect?
Participants in the class will begin with a two-day Induction Retreat July 29-30. The retreat will include topics such as:
- Interest and skills inventories
- Analyzing and utilizing data
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making
- Strategic planning and transformative leadership
- Education policy frameworks and advocacy
- Understanding concurrent enrollment and education trends
The group will meet virtually on specific topics with guest experts, culminating with a workshop in 2020. Each participant will share the results of a professional project which at the Culminating Workshop.
- July 29-30 Induction Retreat in Bozeman, Montana hosted by Gallatin College/Montana State University
- Monthly Virtual Meetings
- October 13 Optional Pre-Conference Event in Salt Lake City
- Culminating Workshop in 2020
Cost: The cost for the Academy is $500. This does not include travel to the on-site meetings. Limited numbers of scholarships will be available to applicants based on need, and may include travel subsidies.
Who is Eligible to Apply? Individuals with 2-4 years of experience in the concurrent or dual enrollment field from NACEP member institutions or organizations, including high school partners of postsecondary members.
What is the Deadline to Apply? The deadline to apply to the NACEP Leadership Academy is April 4, 2019.
When Will I Know If My Application was Accepted? Applicants will be notified after May 6 if they have been accepted into the program.