2019 MiCEP Annual Conference
Date and Location:
October 9, 2019
University Center at Ferris State University
805 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Reasons to attend:
- Learn about the critical partnerships between secondary and postsecondary educational institutions that lead to strong programs and possible increased enrollment in secondary and postsecondary programs.
- Discuss how alignment of curriculum and assessment for concurrent and concurrent enrollment programs supports the integrity and quality of college courses.
- How to create effective partnerships between secondary and postsecondary institutions.
- Gain a greater understanding of the dual enrollment legislation in Michigan.
- Learn more about secondary pupil accounting, funding and legislative issues regarding dual and concurrent enrollment.
- NACEP - getting started accreditation and benefits.
- Learn about best practices from successful programs that support student achievement and college enrollment while still in high school.
- Learn how instructor selection, orientation and training prepare high school instructors to teach college courses through concurrent enrollment in the high school setting.
- Discover how the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) can help postsecondary institutions to develop a program that meets NACEP standards of quality and can lead to accreditation for your concurrent enrollment program.
- Faculty liaison, roles and responsibilities, collaborating, best practices.
- Michigan Department of Education Presentations.