The Michigan Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (MiCEP) began in 2014 as a grass root cadre of concurrent enrollment practitioners and advocates from across Michigan meeting to discuss best practices, opportunities, and challenges.
The purpose of this organization is to support concurrent enrollment programs through the advocacy of quality initiatives (best practices, research, etc.) that promote student access and completion, program development, professional development, communication, and high quality standards.
Key focus areas include:
- Disseminating the NACEP standards of quality concurrent enrollment programs
- Providing professional development to all interested parties concerning quality concurrent enrollment programs, including discussions for best practices and challenges
- Serving as a state advocate for concurrent enrollment
- Fostering strong partnerships between postsecondary and secondary institutions
- Advocate and educate for concurrent enrollment with stakeholders and legislators