Position Opening: Office Administrator (Part-Time)
The National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP), a national nonprofit professional education association, seeks an experienced individual as a 25-30 hour per week Office Administrator. The Office Administrator will handle a variety of administrative and bookkeeping responsibilities to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization’s activities. Working with the four full-time staff, the Office Administrator will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Bookkeeping – classify financial transactions, prepare and send invoices and receipts, process credit card payments over the phone, prepare check deposits.
- Database Management – maintain and update data in NACEP’s Customer Relationship Management system and other databases.
- Events Support – process registrations and answer billing questions, help prepare materials.
- Administrative Tasks – assisting with additional office needs as assigned, such as meeting scheduling, picking up mail, shipping, printing, organizing materials in folders, travel arrangements, archives.
Additional projects will be determined based on the individual's interests and skills.
- At least two years of relevant office and bookkeeping experience, preferably in nonprofit or government sectors.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree from a postsecondary institution accredited by a recognized regional accrediting agency. Students within a year of completing a postsecondary degree may be considered.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must excel at bookkeeping (QuickBooks preferred), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), spreadsheet and database software.
- Versatile skills necessary to contribute to the success of a lively and growing nonprofit; interpersonal skills necessary to be an effective team player.
- Experience using a variety of software platforms to meet office productivity needs including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, bookkeeping, ad Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Must be available a minimum of 25 hours per week on average during Monday-Friday business hours.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
- Primary duties for this position will be conducted from NACEP’s offices in Carrboro, North Carolina.
- NACEP will provide office equipment, software and supplies as necessary for the employee to fulfill his/her responsibilities.
- The position requires remaining in a stationary position at a desk or work station for extended periods of time, the ability to lift and transport packages of 30 lbs., and the ability to insert documents into folders and binders.
- Wage of $15-20 per hour, commensurate with experience and skills. Paid monthly.
- $5,500 Cafeteria Plan health benefit, can be applied toward employer-sponsored health insurance and/or a Flexible Savings Account.
- 6% pre-tax employer contribution to retirement.
- NACEP will pay employer taxes, worker's compensation, unemployment insurance, and any other taxes/insurance required by state or federal law.
Submit below a cover letter and resume below. The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.