Position Opening: Nonprofit Program Assistant – Temporary, 3/4 Time Position
The National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP), a national nonprofit professional education association, seeks a 30 hour per week Program Assistant for a minimum of 10 weeks. Ongoing work may be possible, if individual is successful and funds are available. The Program Assistant will support the four permanent staff in the following activities:
- Database Management –manage and update data in NACEP’s Customer Relationship Management system and other databases
- Events Support – process registrations and answer billing questions, helping prepare materials
- Bookkeeping Support – classification of financial transactions, reconciling accounts
- Administrative Tasks – assisting with additional office needs as assigned, including document editing and production
Additional projects will be determined based on the individual's interests and skills.
- At least two years of relevant office experience in education, nonprofit, or government sectors.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree from a postsecondary institution accredited by a recognized regional accrediting agency. Students within a year of completing a postsecondary degree may be considered.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be comfortable using contact management, spreadsheet and/or database software. Strong attention to detail in document preparation and editing.
- Versatile skills necessary to contribute to the success of a lively and growing nonprofit; interpersonal skills necessary to be an effective team player.
- An interest in nonprofit management, education reform or policy, higher education administration a plus.
- Experience using a variety of software platforms to meet office productivity needs including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and database systems. Preferred experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and QuickBooks, or similar systems. WordPress, HTML, and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Must be available a minimum of 20 hours per week average starting in February for a minimum of 10 weeks. Ongoing part- or full-time work may be available, if individual is successful and funds are available.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
- Primary duties for this position will be conducted from NACEP’s offices in Carrboro, North Carolina.
- NACEP will provide office equipment, software and supplies as necessary for the employee to fulfill his/her responsibilities.
- NACEP will pay employer taxes, worker's compensation, unemployment insurance, and any other taxes/insurance required by state or federal law.
- The position requires remaining in a stationary position at a desk or work station for extended periods of time, the ability to lift and transport packages of 30 lbs., and the ability to insert documents into folders and binders.
- Minimum wage of $12.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and skills. Paid monthly. NACEP does not provide retirement or health benefits for short-term positions, but such benefits accrue from first day of employment if the contract is extended beyond 90 days.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume below. The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.