ILACEP Dual Credit Teacher Scholarship Application Instructions
PURPOSE: To provide graduate coursework scholarships for high school instructors who are not currently credentialed to teach dual credit courses at their high school but are pursuing the required coursework.
Applicant’s high school must be an ILACEP member
- Graduate course(s) used for this scholarship must be in the content area/discipline (ie, not in education courses)
- Scholarship must be used during the academic year for which it was awarded (fall, spring, or summer semester)
- Applicant should be a non-credentialed dual credit instructor seeking dual credit credentials
Required application materials:
- Online scholarship form
- Scholarship essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate- if applicable)
The deadline for all materials is Monday, June 4, 2018. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
- The online ILACEP Dual Credit Teacher Scholarship Application can be found at the following link:
- Provide a typed one or two-page essay and include the following information:
- Identify the subject in which you teach and would like to pursue for dual credit credentialing.
- Describe the graduate coursework you are currently completing or hope to complete and time-frame for beginning the coursework and completing the 18 graduate hours or Master’s degree.
- Provide examples of your ability to successfully complete graduate coursework in a timely manner, and your ability to complete graduate coursework performing at the “A” or “B” grade range.
- Explain what obstacles or challenges you may encounter which might prevent you from completing graduate coursework.
- Provide information that speaks to your potential impact on your school and/or school district should you receive dual credit credentialing.
- Provide any additional information that may be helpful for the ILACEP Board to know about you and your consideration for the scholarship.
- Ask two individuals to provide letters of recommendation on your behalf. At least one of the recommenders should be from a current supervisor or liaison (ie, department chair, principal, community college staff member/administrator, etc.).
- Provide unofficial transcripts for undergraduate and graduate coursework (if applicable).
The essay, letters of recommendation, and transcripts can be emailed to email@example.com. Please submit essay and letters of recommendation in PDF format.
There will be three scholarships awarded this year:
All scholarships will be based on the same application criteria.