COVID-19 has created so much uncertainty for schools, who are now determining their Fall back-to-school strategy. Will they return to the classroom or continue with online learning? Being prepared with digital course materials allows for flexible planning.
When it comes to dual enrollment programs, ensuring students have their required course materials is often a challenge. By providing digital course materials, this process can be streamlined while providing students access to materials on day one, regardless of where they are taking the course(s).
Join this session to learn how Houston Independent School District partnered with VitalSource to ensure their dual enrollment students have the required course materials before the first day of class, increasing the likelihood of success and also saving the students roughly 50% off the retail price. This prepares them for whatever direction their district takes in the Fall.
To our knowledge, no one is providing tools built specifically to address the course materials management issues that are found in the cross over between HS and college that DE programs pose.
- Identify the course materials challenge encountered by dual enrollment programs, especially in the COVID19 learning environment.
- Evaluate the benefits of providing digital materials to students.
- Consider how the challenges HISD was facing around course materials apply to your program.
- Learn how HISD addressed those issues.
- Understand who VitalSource is and how they help dual enrollment programs