Call for Nominations for NACEP Accreditation Commission
The nominating committee of the NACEP Board of Directors is seeking individuals to run for the following elected positions on the Accreditation Commission:
- Two-Year Postsecondary Institutional Representative (Two-year Term)
- Four-Year Postsecondary Institutional Representative (Two-year Term)
- Four-Year Postsecondary Institutional Representative (Three-year Term)
These positions are two-three year terms beginning April 20, 2020, immediately following the Commission's spring meeting. You must work at a NACEP accredited institution to be eligible.
The twelve-member NACEP Accreditation Commission is responsible for managing NACEP's accreditation process, reviewing Peer Review Team reports, deliberating and voting on accreditation decisions, and developing accreditation-related policies, training and materials. Commissioners are expected to:
- Attend two-three in-person meetings (one held in conjunction with NACEP's National Conference). NACEP will contribute towards travel. Commissioners' institutions are expected to cover remaining expenses.
- Coordinate the work of Peer Review Teams, ensuring that the review is completed in a timely manner and presenting a summary of the application and the review team's findings to the Commission.
- Participate in monthly Commission meetings held by telephone and in trainings and developing accreditation policies and resource materials.
Nominations can be submitted by Wednesday, February 5, 2020, on behalf of yourself or another individual online at: Nomination's Link
Nominations must include the following information:
- Brief description of nominee's work in concurrent enrollment and with NACEP
- Prior service as a NACEP accreditation peer reviewer, knowledge of NACEP's standards, and other relevant experience (e.g. with other accrediting organizations)
- Brief statement describing the nominee's interest in the position