Michigan Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships 2017 Annual Conference
July 26 - July 27
Why attend the fourth annual, Creating Successful College Credit Opportunities for Michigan High School Students Conference?
- Learn about the critical partnerships between secondary and post-secondary educational institutions that lead to strong programs and possible increased enrollment in secondary and post-secondary programs.
- Discuss how alignment of curriculum and assessment for concurrent and concurrent enrollment programs supports the integrity and quality of college courses.
- How to create effective partnerships between secondary and postsecondary institutions.
- Gain a greater understanding of the dual enrollment legislation in Michigan.
- Learn more about secondary pupil accounting, funding and legislative issues regarding dual and concurrent enrollment.
- NACEP - getting started accreditation and benefits.
- Learn about best practices from successful programs that support student achievement and college enrollment while still in high school.
- Learn how instructor selection, orientation and training prepare high school instructors to teach college courses through concurrent enrollment in the high school setting.
- Discover how the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP) can help postsecondary institutions to develop a program that meets NACEP standards of quality and can lead to accreditation for your concurrent enrollment program.
- Faculty liaison, roles and responsibilities, collaborating, best practices.
- Michigan Department of Education Presentations.
Concurrent enrollment courses are those courses meeting the NACEP definition of "college-credit bearing courses taught by college-approved high school teachers."
The purpose of NACEP and MiCEP is to support concurrent enrollment programs through the advocacy of quality initiatives (best practices, research, etc.) that promote student access and completion, program development, professional development, communication, and high quality standards.
Click the following link to register for the 2017 MiCEP Annual Conference: Click here to register
Don't forget to make your lodging accommodations at The H Hotel, Midland, MI. MiCEP attendees will receive a discounted group lodging rate of $129/night (excluding applicable taxes) at The H Hotel. A group rate will be extended to MiCEP attendees until, July 5, 2017.