- This event has passed.
2019 Washington Policy Seminar
April 23 - April 24
Join NACEP colleagues, policy experts, and education advocates at this unique, impactful, and informative two-day Capitol Hill networking event on April 23-24, 2019. The Washington Policy Seminar provides a very special opportunity to learn about current policy trends, federal work influencing the field, and upcoming legislation affecting concurrent and dual enrollment programs. The seminar will feature presentations, panels, and discussions with key policymakers from DC-based education associations, Federal agencies, Congressional offices, and education advocates, including activities and updates from NACEP's partners in the College in High School Alliance. Don't miss this opportunity to build meaningful connections and gain big-picture insights from individuals and organizations advancing policy that impacts our field.
The event will feature briefings on the latest news in Congress and the U.S. Department of Education and NACEP's work with the College in High School Alliance on policy advocacy. Speakers and panel discussions will include policy experts from other national education organizations, congressional staff, and officials from the U.S. Department of Education.
We will see the following at this year's Washington Policy Seminar:
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) will discuss
higher education policy trends at the federal and state levels.
- The Alliance for Excellent Education will discuss a new research paper
calling for allowing college-ready high school seniors to take a full year
of dual enrollment courses.
- The Learning Policy Institute will address chronic teacher
shortages in many states, including for dual enrollment.
- Advance CTE will discuss the implementation of the latest update to the federal
career and technical education law, Perkins V.
- New America will discuss their recent efforts to promote youth apprenticeship,
which includes a strong role for dual enrollment.
- The National Governors Association will discuss the education policy
priorities of the nation’s 22 new governors and their evolving work in
secondary, postsecondary, and workforce space.
- The College in High School Alliance will discuss its state policy framework and
recommendations for dual enrollment that will be published this summer.
- The University of Texas System will share the results of their recent mixed
methods study of dual enrollment. This study has generated a lot of
discussion about participation, impact, and outcomes for dual enrollment
You can review a sample agenda from the 2018 Washington Policy Seminar.
Price of event:
- Members: $150
- Non-members: $200
- The seminar will meet at the State Services Organization (444 North Capitol St NW, Washington, DC 20001). We have secured a special NACEP room rate of $215 pre-tax (deadline to book is April 10) at Hyatt Regency at Capitol Hill. If you plan to stay an extra day or two, you can still get this rate by calling the hotel: 1-888-HYATT-HP (1-888-492-8847) and tell them you are with the NACEP group.
If you register and are unable to attend, you may substitute another person in your place.
Notice of conference registration cancellation must be received by April 9, 2019. All registration fees will be refunded, less a $50 administrative fee, for cancellations received by this date. We regret that we are unable to refund fees for cancellations after this date. Please email your cancellation notice to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions on Registration
NACEP member, past event attendee, or mailing list subscriber? Your email address is in our Customer Relationship System. Choose Recover Account to reset your password if you don’t know it. If you are from a NACEP member institution but we do not have your email in our system, you can have a colleague register you or you can contact email@example.com or 919-593-5205 to get your email address linked to your organization’s account.
New to NACEP? Just click out of the login box and register for the event. Once you fill out the registration form, you will have the option to create a user name and password should you decide to create an account on our system.