The NACEP Accreditation Commission manages NACEP’s accreditation process, reviews Peer Review Team reports and makes accreditation decisions. The Commission operates as an autonomous unit of NACEP in close collaboration with the Board of Directors. The Commission's activities and peer review process are documented in the Accreditation Commission Policy and Procedures Manual.
On February 3, 2016 the Commission released a Statement on Applying for Extensions from the Higher Learning Commission for Concurrent Enrollment Instructors to guide accredited programs and those pursuing accreditation from the 19-state HLC region that are considering applying for extensions for compliance with HLC's revised faculty credentials guidelines.
In accordance with NACEP's commitment to public disclosure and the Accreditation Commission's Policy and Procedures Manual, the Commission has published a Record of Decisions that documents the formal actions taken at its spring meeting beginning April 7, 2016 and ending April 13, 2016 with regard to concurrent enrollment programs that applied for NACEP accreditation during the 2015-16 application cycle.
Questions or comments should be addressed to the Chair of the Accreditation Commission at email@example.com.
The following twenty-two concurrent enrollment programs plan on going under peer review by NACEP's Accreditation Commission during the 2017-18 Review Cycle:
Programs Seeking Initial Accreditation
- Alexandria Technical and Community College (MN)
- Bismarck State College (ND)
- Community College of Denver (CO)
- Eastern Washington University (WA)
- Edmonds Community College (WA)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach (FL)
- Florida SouthWestern State College (FL)
- Inver Hills Community College (MN)
- Mineral Area College (MO)
- Southeast Missouri State University (MO)
- West Virginia State University (WV)
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (GA)
Programs Seeking Reaccreditation
- Dutchess Community College (NY)
- Hudson Valley Community College (NY)
- Indiana University (IN)
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IN)
- Niagara University (NY)
- Niagara County Community College (NY)
- Pennsylvania College of Technology (PA)
- Portland State University (OR)
- Rio Salado College (AZ)
- Syracuse University (NY)
- University of Missouri - Saint Louis (MO)
Peer review teams will assess the evidence provided by these applicants demonstrating their implementation of NACEP's national standards of program quality. The NACEP Accreditation Commission will review the findings of the peer review teams and other evidence and determine accreditation status in April 2018. Questions or comments regarding the Commission's review of these programs should be addressed to the Chair of the Accreditation Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.