The NACEP Accreditation Commission manages NACEP’s accreditation process, reviews Peer Review Team reports and makes accreditation decisions. The Commission operates as an autonomous unit of NACEP in close collaboration with the Board of Directors. The Commission's activities and peer review process are documented in the Accreditation Commission Policy and Procedures Manual. As of the 2017-18 school year, there are 104 concurrent enrollment programs nationwide accredited by NACEP.
Programs considering applying for accreditation or currently holding accreditation can find more information on:
- NACEP's National Standards, including the newly revised standards that will be effective the 2018-19 school year
- Application Process and Timeline
- Accreditation Resources, including self-study resources, an Accreditation Guide, webinars, evaluation survey templates, and application forms
- Accreditation FAQ
Questions or comments should be addressed to the Chair of the Accreditation Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs Seeking Initial Accreditation - 2017-18 Review Cycle
The following twenty-two concurrent enrollment programs have submitted an application to go under peer review by NACEP's Accreditation Commission during the 2017-18 Review Cycle:
Programs Seeking Initial Accreditation
- Alexandria Technical and Community College (MN)
- Bismarck State College (ND)
- Community College of Denver (CO)
- Eastern Washington University (WA)
- Edmonds Community College (WA)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Daytona Beach (FL)/li>
- Inver Hills Community College (MN)
- Mineral Area College (MO)
- Southeast Missouri State University (MO)
- West Virginia State University (WV)
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (GA)
Programs Seeking Reaccreditation
- Dutchess Community College (NY)
- Hudson Valley Community College (NY)
- Indiana University (IN)
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IN)
- Niagara University (NY)
- Niagara County Community College (NY)
- Pennsylvania College of Technology (PA)
- Portland State University (OR)
- Riverland Community College (MN)
- Rio Salado College (AZ)
- Syracuse University (NY)
- University of Missouri - Saint Louis (MO)
Peer review teams will assess the evidence provided by these applicants demonstrating their implementation of NACEP's national standards of program quality. The NACEP Accreditation Commission will review the findings of the peer review teams and other evidence and determine accreditation status in April 2018. Questions or comments regarding the Commission's review of these programs should be addressed to the Chair of the Accreditation Commission at email@example.com.
Record of Decisions
In accordance with NACEP's commitment to public disclosure and the Accreditation Commission's Policy and Procedures Manual, the Commission publishes a Record of Decisions that documents formal actions taken with regards to programs' accreditation status.
Statement on Extensions from the Higher Learning Commission's Faculty Qualifications Policy for Concurrent Enrollment Instructors
The Commission released a Statement on Applying for Extensions from the Higher Learning Commission for Concurrent Enrollment Instructors to guide NACEP-accredited programs and those pursuing accreditation from the 19-state HLC region that have received extensions for compliance with HLC's revised faculty qualifications guidelines.
Complaint Procedures against a NACEP Accredited Program
The Commission considers complaints as a way to to inform the Commission on documented systematic problems with how accredited programs and programs undergoing initial accreditation review are implementing the NACEP standards. Complaints are not intended to be used to involve NACEP in disputes between individuals and member institutions. A formal written complaint must be submitted to the Chair using NACEP's Complaint Information Form. Anonymous complaints will not be accepted. For further information please reference the Accreditation Commission Policy and Procedures Manual.